Caterpillar, Inc. Engineer in Tamil Nadu, India
As an Engineer, In thisrole, you will be supporting Core Engines team to perform Design, developmentand maintenance of Core engine Components Projects like Crankshafts, ConnectingRod, Bearing, Flywheel, Dampers, Gears, Cylinder head, blocks, Valves, ValveMechanism components towards NPI, CPI, Cost Reduction programs. You will workwith a team to solve technical problems and delivery of projects, continuallylearn and stay abreast of innovative technology, mentor and guide team members,and deepen your professional network.
JobDuties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Designand development of Core Engine components (crankshaft, gears , flywheel ,valves , heads & blocks etc.), systems and related processes
- Performsdesign calculations and participate in design decisions.
- Carry outbasic performance analysis of the subsystem’s using analysis tools.
- Providetechnical support to Manufacturing, Quality, and Purchasing Engineers duringthe proto development.
- Communicate results to global Process partners and other team members
- Ensurethat drawing contains all the relevant information required for downstreamusage
- Keepsabreast of latest technological advancements
- Knowledgeof Casting, Forging, Machining, Surface Finishing and Heat Treatment Processesare needed
- Completeprojects on time and on cost
Require anEngineering degree with over 6 years of previous experience in EngineComponent Design & Development. Skills in project management and Knowledgeon NPI,NTI,CPI process are needed. Excellent communications skills arenecessary.
Bachelor’sdegree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
6 years of experience in the Design and Development of ReciprocatingEngines
Productknowledge on Engine Mechanical system components like Cylinder Head, CylinderBlock, Valves, Valve Mechanism, Pistons, Crankshaft, Connecting rod, Gears,Bearings, Damper, Flywheel etc
Strong analytical skills
Good communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills.
Masterdegree (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
Pro-E and Cat Engineering Standards experience
Candidates from IIT’s, NIT’s preferred
Primary Location India-Tamil Nadu-Chennai
Unposting Date: May 17, 2018, 1:29:00 PM
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Req ID: 18000372