Gap Inc. Web Designer, Gap Factory Online in San Francisco, California
Web Designer, Gap Factory Online
San Francisco, California 94105
Job#: 233795 Date Posted:Apr. 17, 2018
Job Status: Full-time
In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and today we’re the world’s most iconic American brand.
We’re represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what’s next.
Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to “do more than sell clothes,” and today we’re leaders in employee volunteering and social impact.
If you're full of ideas, if you want to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world better than we found it, we'd love to meet you.
The Designer is responsible for developing and executing innovative and creative designs for the Gap e-commerce website, including email campaigns, homepage placements, online shops, as well as external placements. Candidates should be extremely motivated designers who can easily adapt to the Gap brand aesthetic and value working in a team environment. Will collaborate closely with a small team of writers and report to the Assistant Art Director, Gap Factory Online.
• Translate business and marketing objectives into designs that are clear, compelling, visually exciting, easy to use and emotionally engaging.
• Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes creative leads, brand management, merchandising, marketing, creative technology, and project management.
• Produce design specifications, storyboards, animations, and design prototypes.
• Initiate concepts and work independently and/or with design leads.
• Present multiple solutions per project.
• Manage timing and deliverables for project work.
• Must be able to handle a number of projects simultaneously.
• Present creative to business partners.
• Expert knowledge of latest web technologies and technology trends, including responsive design.
• Strong knowledge of design fundamentals, layout, typography, information hierarchy, and web specifications.
• Expert in ideas generation and collaboration with copy and photography creative partners.
• Online retail experience a plus.
• Must be detailed-oriented, well organized and able to thrive in deadline driven environment.
• Ability to apply user interface and interactive design best practices to projects.
• Strong communication skills.
• Solid experience with resizing, optimizing and slicing of graphics
• Must be willing to be flexible in job duties and take on added responsibility when necessary.
• Expert knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and MAC OS environment.
• HTML coding experience helpful.
• BFA in Graphic Design or related area.
• 3+ years professional experience in design for websites and ecommerce digital advertising.
Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
Employee stock purchase plan.*
Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
Family care programs.
Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality at http://www.catalyst.org/knowledge/gap-inc-women-and-opportunity in the workplace in 2016.
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status.