Ingersoll Rand Trane - Sr. HVAC Field Technician - Long Island City, NY in LONG ISLAND CITY, New York
At Ingersoll Rand we arepassionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality oflife by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our peopleand our family of brands - including ClubCar® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , AmericanStandard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - worktogether to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings;transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrialproductivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world ofsustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit http://www.ingersollrand.com/ .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equalopportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; includingindividuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Why Trane Is The BestCompany for HVAC Field Technicians:
- Trane is recognized worldwide as the brand standard for HVAC and Building Controls Systems.
- Highly competitive and comprehensive total compensation program including total cash compensation, benefits, holiday and vacation.
- Dedicated to a military friendly environment (Veterans are highly encouraged to apply).
- Unlimited opportunities for career development and promotions.
- Determined focus to be the employer of choice in our industry (we want to be the company where everyone wants to work)
- World Class continuing education, featuring Manufacturer (OEM) Level Training.
- Company-wide commitment to promoting a strong work/life balance
- Organizational encouragement of community involvement and sustainability (green initiatives).
- Late model, clean, and dependable company vehicle, high speed laptop, and smart phone.
This role is the primaryservice and maintenance contact for Ingersoll Rand/Trane customers in a definedmarket with a diverse commercial base including Healthcare, ProcessManufacturing Facilities, Education Institutions, and Office Complexes. Youwill be commissioning, troubleshooting, repairing, and starting up HVAC systemsin a commercial environment. In order to perform your task you will utilizeyour knowledge of air conditioning theory, pipe fitting, and mechanicallayouts. This position affords you the opportunity to work with internal andexternal partners ranging from new facility set ups to existing facility retrofits. Ingersoll Rand/Trane affords you the opportunity to work directly for aleading manufacture giving you access to technical support, training on newesttechnology and comprehensive career paths with opportunity for growth. In thisposition you will establish & maintain a positive relationship withcustomers, vendors and co-workers through effective oral and writtencommunication skills via phone, computer, and face to face. You will performscheduled and unscheduled preventative maintenance, inspections, site surveys,and service requests including replacement, and modifications of equipment orsystems as needed or requested by customers. Communicating with customersand/or Project Managers regarding inspection/service findings is required.
- Responsible for end to end testing, downloading programming, starting up, commissioning, and servicing on assigned projects.
- Represents the company by serving as the direct customer contact and is responsible for servicing products and equipment on assigned projects, ensuring customer satisfaction by identifying, analyzing, diagnosing and repairing equipment and systems at customers location.
- Coordinates with team leader and customer to precisely understand requirements for all on-site installation and repairs by extensively examining building layouts, forecasting issues, gathering materials and synchronizing on-site work.
- Uses cutting edge software and technology, along with a variety of hand-tools, following blueprints or engineering specifications, to diagnose and repair units.
- Continually enforces safety to the highest standards and maintains security and accountability of company issued and procured assets by recording use, wear and conditions.
- Displays team effort and dedication to customer by maintaining flexibility to work overtime and weeks as the business requires, including occasional overnight stays.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent and 5 years of experience in HVAC; or equivalent combination of education (Technical School) and experience is required.
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working proficiency with hand held computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad).
- EPA Certification Preferred (e.g. HVAC Journeyman, Boiler Operator, Gas Installer etc.).
- This position requires working in diverse conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms with exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and risk of electrical shock (high voltage).
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, walking, stooping, and kneeling. It requires employees to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs, frequently lift and or move up to 40 lbs and occasionally lift and or move more than 40 lbs.
Must possess a valid drivers license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but not limited to:
DUI in the previous 5 years
- Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving or multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the previous 3 years.
We are committed tohelping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offercompetitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies andcomprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed tobuilding an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values thedifferent backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spursinnovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passionfor inspiring progress - for bringing about bold shifts in how people,economies and societies operate - then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progressbegins with you.
Primary Location: LONG ISLAND CITY-New York
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Apr 16, 2018, 12:10:49 PM