Kiewit Corporation Manager, Energy Storage in Lenexa, Kansas
Date: Mar 13, 2018
Location: Lenexa, KS, US
Requisition ID: 73267
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit’s Lenexa office is currently seeking a Manager of Energy Storage for the Power Delivery (PD) business line. ES engineers in this position are typically responsible for supporting renewable and alternative energy proposals, running design and performance software for solar, microgid and energy storage designs, and performing renewable energy related project electrical engineering roles for power markets served by Kiewit. The Solar and Energy Storage Engineer focuses on using design and performance modeling tools such as Helioscope, PVSyst and HOMER Pro to support proposals, owners engineer roles and EPC project engineering roles for our Kiewit clients. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in the aforementioned design software tools as an electrical engineer and real world project design engineering/construction experience with solar, alternative energy & microgrid related technologies, and energy storage systems. The primary initial focus is on PV solar and Battery Energy Storage Systems of commercial industrial scale and larger (i.e.50kW to multi-MW).
Kiewit is looking for a committed, energized and highly motivated individual who has a passion for achieving excellence. The Manager of Energy Storage is responsible for, but not limited, to the following responsibilities as related to electrical engineering design:
• Establish and maintain on-going internal and external client relationships within the energy storage industry.
• Support and collaborate with VP, Emerging Markets to develop and execute a company-wide strategy for energy storage.
• Develop and manage internal engineering and field execution team that is capable to deliver strategic objectives of the business.
• Follow proposal and project execution plans including deliverables lists, schedule, budget, and manpower projections required to successfully execute the proposal or project.
• Manage energy storage projects with internal team members and external partners to deliver high quality projects on-time and on-budget.
• Identify and pursue new business project opportunities with strategic and opportunistic energy storage customers.
• Support presentation of proposals to customers including customer follow-up. Proposal Development-Assist with the development of proposal documents and engineering estimate
• Assist with post proposal submittal bid strategy, answer questions and participate in closing projects.
• Maintain a strong network of industry related individuals for the purpose of expanding Kiewit’s services and opportunities
• Ensure Quality Control of services and deliverables is followed, in accordance with the Kiewit Company Quality Plan.
• Represent Kiewit at external conferences and events by speaking and delivering thought leadership content in alignment with strategic objectives of the businesses..
• Communicate proposal and project status to Proposal, Procurement, and Engineering Services Leadership as required.
The ideal candidate for the Manager of Energy Storage will possess the following qualities:
• A minimum of 10 years proven electrical engineering design experience in the power delviery, battery energy storage, or renewable industry
• Bachelor of Science degree in related field
• Strong project team orientation and networking skills
• Willingness to travel (50% of time) with some overnight stays required
• High degree of self-motivation
• Motivated by competition, yet a team player
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Overland Park
Nearest Secondary Market: Kansas City
Job Segment: Engineer, Electrical, Electrical Engineering, Design Engineer, Project Engineer, Engineering