BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Business Systems Analyst - Consultant - IT FACETS Claims Team in Chattanooga, Tennessee
Collaborates with business and I/T partners to analyze and define the requirements for technical solutions to meet business needs. Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a good understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements. Applies proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help maximize the business value from IT system investments.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Consults with client management on approaches to address business needs or opportunities.
- Provides linkage and continuity to business units, development, operations and technical support groups in the testing and implementation of recommendations.
- Seeks out, reviews, and recommends solutions that increase process efficiencies, reduce costs, and improve customer service.
- May conduct research on software and hardware products to justify recommendations and support management in budgeting and purchasing efforts.
- Defines complex information systems solutions to address business needs. Initiatives are large in scope, typically cross-functional and often involve multiple platforms and technologies
- Provides direction in assessing impact of change, defining business rules, and implementing solutions across a broad range of functional boundaries.
- Competent to work at the highest technical level of most phases of systems analysis while considering the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
- Leads requirements analysis and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, traceable, feasible, and verifiable.
- Ensures that requirements specifications are captured in standard templates and are written using natural language in clear, unambiguous, and concise terms.
- Defines quality attributes, external interfaces, constraints, and other nonfunctional requirements.
- Manages changing requirements by communicating with project sponsor and project team members on impact of change and alerts project managers and project teams of potential risks and issues of importance.
- Collaborates with the technical and SQA teams to ensure that the results of the project fully satisfy the needs embodied in the requirements.
- Anticipates and identifies customer needs and matches products and services to facilitate the fulfillment of those needs.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with business and I/S partners.
- Identifies and initiates opportunities to support business activities
- Proactively identifies opportunities for improvement in requirements gathering, documentation, and translation.
- Understands application development methodologies and applies knowledge to business interactions
- May serve one or more project team roles, such as project lead, business systems analyst lead, or technical lead, for small to medium efforts or manage phases of medium to large efforts
- May coordinate the work assignments and verify the results of other business systems analysis or applications analysis and programming personnel
- Responsible for instructing and validating the work of other business systems analysts.
- Provides services to multiple concurrent project, project teams or management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field or equivalent years if experience is required. (Equivalent years of experience are determined as one year of technical experience for every year of college requested)
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 5, typically 8+ years experience in Information Technology and systems analysis.
- Experience in leading requirements development efforts required
- Experience in the health insurance industry preferred.
- Expert knowledge of information technology concepts, application development methodology, terminology, and standards to actively conduct and/or engage in hardware and software related discussions relative to all assigned projects.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and translate technical and/or or complex concepts into information meaningful to project team members and/or business personnel.
- Certification of Competency in Business AnalysisTM (CCBATM) or Certified Business Analysis ProfessionalTM (CBAP) designation preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead, organize and prioritize multiple projects and associated resources.
- Advanced experience with operational analysis, design and understanding of integrated, interdependent and interfaced systems and their impacts on each other.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in technical and non-technical forums.
- Demonstrated negotiation, presentation and facilitation skills
Job Specific Requirements:
Position Specific Qualifications:
Working experience with Facets strongly preferred.
Knowledge of or experience with SQL a plus.
Strong analytic skills desired.
Understanding of Agile development practices preferred.
Number of Openings Available:
BCBST BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, Inc.
BCBST is an Equal Opportunity employer (EEO), and all employees and applicants will be entitled to equal employment opportunities when employment decisions are made. BCBST will take affirmative action to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, gender identity, or membership in a historically under-represented group.
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee via-email, the Internet or any other method without a valid, written Direct Placement Agreement in place for this position from BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee HR/Talent Acquisition will not be considered. No fee will be paid in the event the applicant is hired by BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee as a result of the referral or through other means.
Tobacco-Free Hiring Statement
To further our mission of peace of mind through better health, effective 2017, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee and its subsidiaries no longer hire individuals who use tobacco or nicotine products in any form in Tennessee and where state law permits. A tobacco-free hiring practice is part of an effort to combat serious diseases, as well as to promote health and wellness for our employees and our community. All offers of employment will be contingent upon passing a tobacco/nicotine test. An individual whose test result is positive for tobacco/nicotine will be disqualified from employment and the job offer will be withdrawn. Individuals who fail the tobacco/nicotine screening will be permitted to reapply for employment after 6 months, iftobacco/nicotine-free.
Resources to help individuals discontinue the use of tobacco/nicotine products include smokefree.gov or 1-800-QUIT-NOW.
As Tennessee's largest health benefit plan company, we've been helping Tennesseans find their own unique paths to good health for over 65 years. More than that, we're your neighbors and friends – fellow Tennesseans with deep roots of caring tradition, a focused approach to physical, financial and community good health for today, and a bright outlook for an even healthier tomorrow.