Comcast Engineer 3, Eng Ops in West Chester, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Supports National Data Center (NDC) Services roles of building, managing and operating the National Data Centers. For owned NDC's this includes in-house managing of OEM Contractors for Maintenance & Repair of Power Utility, Switchgear, Generators, UPS's, PDUs; Cooling-Computer Room Air Conditioners (CRAC), Computer Room Air Handlers (CRAH), Chillers, Cooling Towers, and Rooftop Units. Also operating and maintaining the Building Management Systems (BMS) and temperature sensors in front / rear of IT cabinets
At leased NDC's this includes co-manage Maint & Repair Contractors along with Landlord personnel
- Assist & support Construction Manager / Project Manager as requested
- Assist with start up and commissioning of new HVAC and other facility related equipment
- Operate and maintain HVAC and other facility related equipment
- Provide daily building maintenance support for the efficient and effective operation of all facilities (to include repairs for all HVAC problems)
- Electrical Distribution System Maintenance and Repair
- Should have formal training or on-the-job experience to comprehend written plans and blue prints; familiarity with single-line diagrams; familiarity with mechanical system plans
- Assists in the Initiation and or plan, organize, manage, execute, and maintain special projects and requests
- Assists in handling any facilities emergencies that arise
- Coordinate and supervise vendors servicing equipment
- Respond to verbal and written tenant requests
- Operates power and hand tools in repair work, such as wrenches, sockets, test meters
- Installs or modifies wiring; performs minor electrical work or repair and assists electrician with repair and maintenance tasks
- Assists in the Supervises and coordinates all physical plant maintenance services and repairs pertaining to building and other related support machinery and equipment
- Assists in the handling of all emergencies in a safe and efficient manner
- Assists / implements maintenance, procurement of materials and parts when necessary and conducts evaluation of all completed assignments
- Keeps the Chief Engineer informed of progress of all jobs in order to control cost effectiveness in work assignments and availability of manpower
- Assist in the development of departmental Capital and Operating Expense budgets including projected utility costs including electricity and water
- Provides required information to co-workers pertaining to service contracts, agreements and equipment guarantees
- Schedules, plans, and keeps track of work.
- May include shift work or working non-business hours to perform maintenance
- Uses PC for reports and records.
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time without a significant rest period
- Ability to work from a ladder
- Ability to maintain pleasant working relationships.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
One or more of the following
CFC-EPA, HVAC, EE, Licensed Electrician, Stationary Engineer or comparable training and experience
- Engineering certificate for having completed an apprenticeship program or an equivalent certificate from an accredited institution
- Minimum five years experience preferably in a data center or mission critical role-in the operation, repair and maintenance of mechanical and electrical equipment, and a variety of building/maintenance trades. Should be proficient in a building or mechanical trade and have a good working knowledge of a large plant operation such as a data center, telco switch site, or commercial building.
- Considerable knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions involved in the maintenance of
- Must be able to lift 50lbs or more on a consistent basis.
- Must have experience with assorted power tools; including drills, saws, etc.
- Must have valid drivers license and good driving record.
- Must have Microsoft Office Suite proficiency Word, Excel, Power Point
- Shift work may be required-Weekdays & Weekends
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer