City of Tacoma WA IT Project Coordinator in Tacoma, Washington
Tacoma Power is an innovative, citizen-owned electric utility company that generates, transmits, distributes electricity and provides energy services in an increasingly competitive marketplace. We are committed to providing high value, competitive priced products and services to our customers through the quality of our employees and the responsiveness that results from local ownership. We will continue to serve our customers in Tacoma, neighboring communities and new markets to benefit both existing and new customers. We believe in and are committed to: serving our customers, respecting people, caring for our community and the environment, achieving excellence and operating safely.
This position will be a part of the Utility Technology Services (UTS) Project Management Office team that provides project and portfolio support to approved Tacoma Public Utilities capital technology projects, as well as support to team-based maturity and project administrative activities. Project coordination responsibilities may include a range of project related administrative duties (project documentation, plans, reports), assisting in coordination of work, assisting with project report development, identifying and reporting project issues/risks, data collection, assisting with communication based activities, scheduling meetings, and all other tasks to assist the project team and management in ensuring projects run smoothly.
As the IT Project Coordinator, you will:
- Compile project status reports, assist in coordination of project schedules, manage project meetings.
- Identify, analyze and contribute toward development of project requirements, design and assist in defining project scope and deliverables.
- Coordinate project activities and assist to ensure all project phases are documented appropriately.
- Perform and contribute toward the development of project deliverables and artifacts, as assigned.
- Coordinate and support Utility Technology Services governance meetings; including agenda development, meeting setup, meeting logistics, attend meetings, capture and provide meeting notes, ensure materials are in place and on time, as well as establish annual meeting calendars.
City of Tacoma Recruitment One of the primary goals of the Equity and Empowerment Initiative is for the City of Tacoma workforce to reflect the community it serves. We actively work to eliminate racial and other disparities and welcome candidates with diverse backgrounds and/or multicultural skill sets and experiences. Our goal is for Tacoma to be an inclusive and equitable place to live, work, and play. Qualifications
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS (TRAINING AND EDUCATION):
- Associates' degree preferred
- Bachelor's degree desired
- Basic analytical skills
- MS Office Suite experience
- Work cooperatively with project teams Selection Process & Supplemental Information
Interested individuals must apply online and meet the minimum qualifications to progress in the recruitment process. Please include your resume and letter of interest detailing how your skills relate to the position description. Please include copies of certifications if applicable.
Applicants who have the strongest backgrounds related to the responsibilities of the position may be invited to participate in an interview. Reference checks will be conducted on final candidates and appointment is subject to successfully passing a background check.
Communication from the City of Tacoma: We primarily communicate via email during the application process. Emails from cityoftacoma.org and/or governmentjobs.com must be placed on your safe domain list to ensure that you receive notifications in a timely manner. As a precaution, you may also want to check your junk email folders.
For assistance with the NEOGOV application process, or questions regarding this job announcement, call the Human Resources office at (253) 591.5400 before 5:00 pm of the closing date of the job announcement.
Salary: $52,603.20 - $67,433.59 Annually
Location: Tacoma, WA
Job Type: Non-Classified
Job Number: 1109-B17
Closing: 7/28/2017 5:00 PM Pacific
Agency: City of Tacoma
Address: Human Resources Department 747 Market Street Tacoma, Washington, 98402-3764.