Coty Inc Machinist 7 in Sanford, North Carolina
Job Title: Machinist 7
Direct Manager Title: Maintenance Supervisor
The Machinists is responsible for designing, Fabricating, programming and operating CNC/manual machine shop equipment. Assist line mechanics with diagnosing, fabricating, and repairing mechanical equipment problems. This is to include repairing broken parts, making adjustments to existing parts to accommodate new product, fabricate or make modifications to equipment in order to maintain or improve safety, also to maintain the quality of the operational conditions and equipment efficiency.
Know how to develop and program CNC machines using G code as well as programs such as but not limited to (MasterCam).Also know how to read and modify existing CNC programs.
Knowledge of cutting all types of metal to various geometrical dimensions and tolerances, along with some welding.
· Ability to use technical drawings, Blueprints, Sketches Sample Parts Specification sheets, charts, tables, handbooks and formulas to develop parts, which contribute to solving random and chronic equipment problems.
· Ability to use a variety of mechanical precision measuring instruments such as: Micrometers, Calipers, as well as various other gauges to setup the CNC and to measure and design equipment parts.
· Must be able to independently setup and operate a CNC lathe, sanders, vertical and horizontal band saws, grinder, drill press, and help keep Machine Shop equipment clean and in good working condition.
· Have working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Power Point software.
· Support Production Packaging Equipment in order to meet OEE, Safety, Service, Cost and Cash KPI’s.
· Ability to understand interaction of equipment and systems, assist with diagnosing mechanical problems and make improvement to accommodate new product and/ or improve safety, operational quality and productivity.
· Perform Preventative Maintenance as well as Safety checks on CNC and manual shop equipment.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills used in preparing presentations and interaction with both internal and external customers.
· Accurately interpret written and oral instructions and follow systematic instructions.
· Maintain and organize tooling as well as equipment to 5S standards.
· Understand and implement quality concepts and controls as related to specific equipment and processes. Locate, understand, and apply Standard Operating Procedures and One Point Lessons
· Understand Lean principles and demonstrate a commitment to those principles.
· Demonstrate a personal commitment to plant safety procedures. Work in a safe manner. Follow LOTO procedures. Communicate unsafe conditions to appropriate personnel. Understand how to locate and use MSDS documents.
· Excellent interpersonal relationship skills. Interact effectively with all levels manufacturing personnel, internal and external customers to foster team activities and relationships.
· Provide initiatives and support for Continuous Improvement projects
Skills, Abilities, and Education
· Must be able to work any shift as assigned.
· Must be able to work extended hours or days as needed.
· Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and lift up to 35 lbs.
· May be required to work in noisy and warm environments.
· Ability to use various machine shop work stations, personal computers and specific software application programs to support continuous improvement activities.
· Ability to apply basic mechanical theory on a daily basis.
· Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization.
· Ability to learn a new technology and apply it to day to day activities.
· Ability to be a Self-starter and an innovator.
· Ability to take direction well.
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Industrial Machinist Certificate preferred or equivalent maintenance experience (>5 yrs.)