Ukpeagvik Iñupiat Corporation/Bowhead Family of Companies BUPERS Administrative Specialist in Millington, Tennessee
BUPERS Administrative Specialist
Full Time / Part-Time
Up to 25%
BUPERS ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST (17-1323-F):
Bowhead seeks a BUPERS Administrative Specialist to provide military manpower management support to the PERS-434B Aerospace Engineering Duty Office (AEDO), PERS-434C Aviation Maintenance Duty Office (AMDO), and PERS-447 Acquisition Workforce Branch.
Essential functions include:
• Provides AEDO/AMDO Permanent Change of Station (PCS) orders. Update changes to AEDO/AMDO community personnel Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). Be familiar with en route schools, e.g. AMO school, Command Leadership School, Military Justice School, Aviation
• Familiar with Aviation Career Summaries and the process for Aviation Qualification for Duty Involving flying waivers for DIFOPS/DIFDEN assignments (Duty in a flying status involving flying/Duty in a flying status not involving flying)
• Providing military manpower and acquisition career field management support, including the preparation of management products documenting the results of specified database extracts, the preparation of documents and operation of computer systems used in the
officer assignment process
• Preparing briefing material and providing administrative support required to execute numerous recurring officer selection boards.
• Receiving applications and comparing application content to the requirements of governing Navy Personnel Command (NPC) and NAVAIR instructions, coordination with applicants to correct application and record discrepancies, and delivery of briefing material
to selection board members.
• Researching and drafting of responses to data-calls from Director, Acquisition Career Management (ASN(RDA)), NAVAIR 7.0 Manpower, fleet manpower claimant representatives, OPNAV resource sponsors, NPC representatives, and Navy manning control authority regarding
AEDO, AMDO, and Acquisition Corps community issues.
• Supporting the Acquisition Workforce Branch with maintenance of Acquisition Career Management databases.
• Assisting the aviation assignment division in the preparation of critical acquisition position (CAP) waivers for non-Acquisition Corps Members proposed for CAP billets.
• Acting as liaison with military detailers and placement officers from each NPC officer distribution divisions and with command representatives from supported acquisition commands to include PERS-3 Officer Community Managers, (OCM).
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, preferred.
• A minimum of (5) five years of relevant experience required.
• Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, the ability to manage multiple high priority tasking, with excellent customer service skills. Experience requirements:
• Knowledge of naval officer career patterns, fitness report system, subspecialty coding system, and content of officer personnel records, in order to determine qualification for assignment.
• Knowledge of navy selection board processes and the Electronic Military Personnel Record System (EMPRS), in order to support board preparations and facilitate release of board results.
• In depth knowledge of the laws, directives, regulations, policies, procedures and precedents governing the assignment of officers.
• In depth knowledge of the laws, directives, regulations, policies, procedures and precedents governing defense acquisition career field certification and critical acquisition billet eligibility.
• Knowledge of the terminology, abbreviations, policies, procedures, and computer software tools (On-Line Distribution Information System (ODIS) and Officer Assignment Information Systems (OAIS)) used for order-writing, in order to support the timely preparation
and release of officer orders.
• Knowledge of the web-based software tools (eDACM) and procedures used to manage training and certification requirements for acquisition corps applicants and members.
• In depth knowledge of filing systems and basic financial budget-keeping.
• Sufficient computer skills and experience to operate basic NPC web-author software, in order to post selection board updates and release board results via AEDO/and PERS-447 community web pages.
• Skill with office automation technology, including proficiency with word processing, spreadsheets, and email software.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain a security clearance at the Public Trust level (NACI). US Citizenship is a requirement for clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background
history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving
course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska
Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained
within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not
be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources
for assistance (http://www.uicalaska.com/contact-us/human-resources/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively,
the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies
for government contracting.
^ Link to Apply: https://rn21.ultipro.com/UKP1001/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=18675
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41