Rose International INC Business Analyst in Baltimore, Maryland
Position Title: Business Analyst
Position Number: 261527
Location: Baltimore, MD
Desired Skill Set:
Job Title: Business Analyst
Start Date: 7/20/2017
Duration: 12 months
Location: Baltimore, MD 212144
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering AND 2 - 5 years related business experience, or in lieu of Bachelor’s degree, a minimum of 6 - 10 years relevant business experience is required.
• General understanding of applicable standards, methods, processes and practices, business fundamentals, and performance metrics in the specific functional area supported by this position (e.g., project management, asset management, electric or gas operations, customer service, transmission and substation, distribution system operations, regulatory and external affairs, transmission operations and planning).
• Requires an understanding and application of advanced level data mining, management and reporting, and work management systems (e.g. Asset Suite 8 and Hyperion).
• High level of proficiency in Hyperion Reporting tools (dashboard, reports, and queries), Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio specialized business technologies and applications (e.g., Asset Suite 8 Work Management System) to retrieve and analyze data in support of business needs. Need advanced level Excel skills for data mining and analysis (pivot tables, vlookups, conditional formatting, etc.).
• Ability to provide general analysis and apply managerial business concepts, forecasting, planning, scheduling, analytical and statistical problem solving, financial, accounting, business and budget analysis.
• General analytical skills for project evaluation including analysis of projects with economic, financial, risk and decision analysis.
• Customer driven with good oral and written communications skills and general analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
• Needs to be a self-starter, with ability to work both independently and in a team environment. Demonstrates initiative to complete work in a timely manner adhering to deadlines, and within Exelon Utilities processes and procedures.
• General knowledge of the practices, procedures and principles of performance analysis (trending, root cause and gap analysis) benchmarking and audit compliance. Ability to analyze organizational data and problems, interpret and recommend alternative courses of action, and implement intervention strategies to attain performance targets.
• Develop analysis and reporting tools in Hyperion, Excel, and MS Access to support project and program managers for work input and maintained in the AS8 Work Management System. Conduct modeling, forecasting, trending, variance analysis, and other operational analysis (e.g., operational effectiveness, budget, resource, workload, etc.).
• Provide statistical information to ensure the most effective utilization of personnel, equipment and/or materials for business operations. Able to convert results of data mining into actionable information
• Monitor and coordinate activities to support operational performance management (e.g., timely execution of Projects/Programs).
• Develop report and dashboard to track analytical requests for data captured in Asset Suite 8 Work Management System. Analyze collected data to identify potential issues early and recommend solutions.
• Perform analysis of the Project/Program work order management elements to ensure effective and efficient operations. Develop data to support any identified issues. Provide metrics to track issues which measure effectiveness of proposed solutions.
• Prepare and analyze detailed standard and non-standard reports.
• Develop, organize and present detailed performance reports for both internal and external use.
• Provide analytical and operational support to the business unit. Assist Project Managers in entering work orders and/or material requests, follow the work order through to completion and close out.
Bachelor’s degree and some relevant post-undergraduate coursework.
Experience working in a PMO (project management organization) highly desirable.
Project Management experience and PMP Certification highly desirable.#CBRose#
Send me a reminder to complete this application
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, arrest and conviction records, or any other characteristic
protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco, California will be administered
in accordance with the Fair Chance Ordinance.